Who doesn’t enjoy a lovely peppermint tea and a gentle massage after a day’s hard work?
While the tea is something that you can have, you would probably skip the massage at the thought of having to visit a spa. Owning a massage chair at home is the perfect solution to this problem.
It not only saves you both time and money that you need to spend at a spa but also offers other health benefits such as providing relief from tiredness, stress, and muscle pains.
However, how do you choose one? Here is a list of the best massage chairs that is sure to pique your interest.
Table of Contents
- The Best Massage Chairs
- Best Massage Chairs – Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Best Massage Chairs
|Kahuna Massage Chair||Kahuna Massage Chair LM-6800S + 2 Years Extended Warranty||Prime||Check Price|
|Top||OOTORI||Massage Chair by OOTORI,3D SL-Track Thai Yoga Stretching Zero Gravity Massage Chair||Prime||Check Price|
|Real Relax||Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner||Prime||Check Price|
|Sinoluck||Tinycooper Massage Chairs by Ootori||Prime||Check Price|
|R Rothania||R Rothania Ospirit New Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage||Prime||Check Price|
1. Kahuna Massage Chair LM-6800S + 2 Years Extended Warranty
Space-efficient and Compact
Space-efficient, zero-gravity, full-body recliner.
An L-Track frame massage chair with 12 Auto programs, besides customized massage programs with a memory saving function.
Three-stage zero-gravity positions that save space. Dual foot rollers and computerized body scan technology for a fit body massage.
A classic massage chair with a variety of pre-set and customized massage options. New features to change reclining position and new headrest design to use as back padding.
2. Massage Chair by OOTORI,3D SL-Track Massage Chair
Sophisticated and Aesthetic (Editor’s Choice)
A very hi-end, compact, assembled massage chair.
A chair with 3D technology fitted with robot roller hands with adjustable mechanism. Works on SL track system from neck to hip.
It comes with body scan technology to adjust the rollers in the back as per the body shape.
A zero-gravity model with airbag massage.
An expensive massage chair with comprehensive massage options to the waist and hips. Robot hands rollers with SL-Track give an unparalleled relaxing experience.
3. Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner
Roomy and Functional
Full-body, zero-gravity recliner massage chair.
The 2020 Favor 03 Plus is a sophisticated, affordable, and functional massage chair. Designed to give you a thorough massage besides the added features of Bluetooth and LED breathing light.
The massage chair is fitted with eight massage neck back rollers and 50 airbags for a complete massage.
Functions in six different auto modes depending on the intensity of the activity.
Available in blue and khaki.
An amazing massage chair with advanced facilities to help you get total relaxation. Sophisticated technology to give your body much-needed relief from body aches.
4. Tinycooper Massage Chairs by Ootori
Sturdy and Macho
Most cost-effective massage chair.
A close competitor to our No.2 full-body massage chair. A zero-gravity chair for total relaxation beginning from shoulders to legs.
It is inspired by NASA technology. One of the most cost-effective massage chair with features of expensive full body massage chairs.
A sturdy yet sleek massage chair. Looks majestic in black.
A sleek massage chair with some great massage points for the body. A great value-for-money product.
5. R Rothania Ospirit New Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage
Massage Chair For The Money
Electric full-body Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner.
This soft-grained synthetic leather upholstered massage chair is based on airbag technology for a deeper massage experience.
A built-in sensor automatically measures the length of the spine to detect points in need of a massage.
A modern, electric, full-body Shiatsu massage chair recliner with in-built sensor to measure the length of spine for accurate points to massage.
Best Massage Chairs – Buyer’s Guide
It has been 66 years since the time a massage chair was invented in 1954. The traditional massage chair focuses on the head, neck, shoulders, back, arms, and hands. Being portable, it can be transported to any location and so is widespread.
While a robotic massage chair works on internal electronic motors and gears designed to massage the person occupying them. Most chairs of this type have a form of controller to vary the intensity, type, or location of the massage. The first such chair was invented in Japan before World War II.
So massage chairs have a fascinating history to them. I am interested in buying a massage chair, but I am also wondering if a massage chair pad is a better option. Before I go for a purchase, I would like to know about the different types of massage chairs available.
Types of Massage Chairs
From the time when there were two types of chairs, namely traditional and robotic, massage chairs have seen a lot of advancements. Before we get into the details of massage chairs, let me tell you about its basics. There are mostly two different kinds of massage chairs. They are;
- Professional Massage Chairs: These are chairs used by therapists in their business. These types of chairs are used by licensed, private practitioners who are contracted by companies to give massage to their employees as one of the ‘incentives’ of job. These chairs are functional and help the masseur provide access to the parts where a massage is required.
- Consumerist Massage Chairs: These are of two types:
- Therapeutic: These chairs are designed to focus on alleviating chronic pain in the body. A therapeutic chair may include features like Inversion therapy, body stretching, heat, and deep massage.
- Hobbyist: These types of chairs are designed with a focus on convenience features that appeal to consumers’ tastes and preferences. A typical hobbyist chair will be installed with an MP3, memory slots to save your favorite settings and LED lights.
A further classification of chairs is done by; Track Design: This is the basis of every chair in the market today. Every chair is built using one of the following frames.
- Fixed Frame
- Hybrid L/S-Track
It is interesting to know that there are massage chairs specifically designed for big and tall users. Some massage chairs are built with ottomans that automatically extend on detecting the length of the leg and adjust.
These chairs accommodate users up to 6 ft 5 inches. However, this may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Then there are stealth massage chairs with ‘hideaway’ Ottoman for aesthetic reasons and inversion chairs that offer inversion therapy.
Now to your basic query of types of massage chairs. They are as follows:
i) Full Body Massage Chairs: This is the most common type of massage chair. It gives full massage to the body, such as the neck, shoulders, calves, and feet. Most newer models even do the arms and hands.
ii) Ottoman Massage Chairs: These are the budget and space-efficient types of massage chairs. They are slightly more expensive but provide considerable relaxation. They are more about comfort than an actual massage. Also, another plus is that they are suitable for taller people, unlike other massage chairs, as they extend further than most normal chairs.
iii) Heated massage chairs: These chairs have the facility to offer heat therapy. They are excellent at eliminating all the strain from a long day of work and travel.
iv) Zero-gravity massage chairs: The incline of these chairs is similar to that of astronauts when they float in space. As the weight of the body is distributed over the chair, it relaxes the person.
v) Air Massage Chairs: These chairs are different, in that they use airbags to massage parts of the body that standard massage chairs do not treat. They give a much softer massage experience when compared to massages offered by massage chairs with rollers. These types of chairs are ideal for unwinding after a strenuous workout session.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features are a must in a massage chair?
- Some of the essential features of a massage chair are air compression, reflexology, airbags, heating, and pre-set modes.
What is this 3D feature in massage chairs?
- Here, the roller extends and retracts into and away from the back to mimic the pressing motions of a masseur. This is an advanced feature that allows for adjusting the intensity of the pressure.
What is this zero-gravity feature in massage chairs?
- This is a highly-reclined position of massage chairs that distributes a person’s weight across the chair. This eases stress on the body, making for a deeper and more relaxing massage experience.
What is the rate of power consumption?
- The power consumption of massage chairs on an average is between 200-300 Watts.
I do not want to invest in massage chairs right now. Is there any other option?
- Yes, there is a massage chair pad or cushion. It is a heating pad fashioned as a chair seat that is strapped to a chair and has rollers in it to massage the aching points.
Which are the best massage chair pads?
- Ameiseye Massage Chair Pad,
- Belmint Shiatsu Massage Chair Pad,
- Belmint Massage Chair Pad
- Snailax Shiatsu Massage Chair Pad
- Sable Massage Chair Pad